You might think you don’t need to spend money on web design services this year. After all, you just redesigned your website five years ago! However, the typical life of a website design in today’s rapidly changing technological world is about three to four years. Websites created just five years ago lack some functionality that is crucial to the user experience today. But, how do you know if it’s time to invest in a redesign? Here are five questions to ask yourself to determine if you need to start thinking about web design services this year.
How to Determine if You Need a Website Redesign
- Is your site mobile responsive? If your current site isn’t mobile friendly or doesn’t work well across multiple browsers, you run the risk of turning away potential customers. Websites designed just five years ago can lack updated functionality that can make your users’ experiences more efficient. If they can’t access or easily use your site on their chosen browser or device then they’re not going to stay on the site.
- Has your business changed? Businesses can change drastically over just a few years. If your company has expanded into other areas, changed the marketing strategy, or has altered or updated their overall business plan then you may need a new website to reflect this new direction.
- Is it easy to update? If your website is becoming difficult to update or maintain and some features or functions are no longer working properly, then you may want to invest in web design services. As some websites age, third-party plugins or add-ons can be abandoned or stop functioning. As a result, certain elements of your website can become non-functional. Being unable to easily update or maintain a website means that, over time, new content can’t be added easily and the user experience will suffer.
- Is it better than your competitors’? Have you looked at the websites of your competitors? Are they vastly different or more modern than yours? Websites are the face of your company in today’s business world and if your competitors have more stylish and easy-to-use versions, your business could be suffering.
- Do you like looking at your website? While this may not be the most important reason to redesign, if you don’t like looking at your website it’s likely that others won’t either. Everyone has different tastes, but nearly everyone can also spot a boring or outdated design. If you don’t like looking at your website, it might be time for a change.
If you’re looking for affordable web design services, let us help! We offer a wide range of services to fit most budgets. From completely custom to budget-friendly templates, we can help you create a stunning and functional website.