Google has confirmed that they recently removed business hours for certain categories across Google My Business. While the reason for removal has yet to be determined, it is intentional and not a bug. Some categories have been shortlisted to no longer display business hours on Google My Business. Some of those include:
- Apartment Communities
- Transportation-based businesses (such as taxis, limos, shuttles, etc.)
- Education-based categories (schools, universities, etc.)
- Moving and Storage Services
- Emergency Veterinarian Services
- Emergency Care Physicians
- Movie Theaters
We recently had to change a category from “Apartment Building” to “Apartment Rental Agency” to get the hours back on the listing. The fix may be as simple as switching your category to something similar that will allow your hours to continue being visible. However, if Google decides to expand its net on categories that won’t display hours, we could see larger issues.
If you find that your hours no longer display, contact us to let us know!